Saturday, October 8, 2011

Family

I have three beautiful children.

My second child, my second daughter-- she died.


At 40 weeks.

Inside me.

I arrived at the hospital fully expecting to deliver a sweet, bouncing, baby girl.

To bring her home with me.

For her to grow up with her sister.

(And eventually her brother.)

She didn't do those things.

She died.

We left the hospital separately.

I left in my car.

With my husband.

Her father.

She left, probably in a van, or some other vehicle associated with funeral homes.

She was transported to a facility to be cremated.

She is here with us.

Her ashes.

But she doesn't play with her siblings.

She lives in our broken hearts.

October is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness month.

I hope you will remember my baby girl with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment