Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Confession Time

I have a confession to make.

I am not perfect.


I have three children.

Two of them live here with me.

I was allowed to keep them.

One of them lives in my heart.

I only got to borrow her for 40 weeks.

I had to give her back the day she was born.

She waits for me in heaven, for sure.

Stillborn.

Almost 5 years ago.

My confession (aside from not being perfect)...

I get frustrated with my living children.

I am human.

It's a human reaction.

I do not get annoyed when people complain about their child's constant screaming.

Because I get annoyed too.

Just because one of my children died does not mean that I do not understand the aggravation that can accompany two children screaming for an hour or more everyday.

Because I do get aggravated does NOT mean that I do not love my two living children any less.

It does not mean that I do not long for my deceased child every single day of my life.

It simply means that yes, I am human.


No comments:

Post a Comment